This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Network Manager

Prime Suspect

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:16:57 pm

Having read about a few issues with V5, I'd like to make a full install of the LTS instead. My DSL connects fine with both versions, but the LTS does not recognize my secondary USB broadband modem. V5 does, so is there anyway I can install the LTS, get connected via DSL and then download/convert whatever I need to have the modem recognized too?

Thanks.

Prime Suspect

Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:41:34 am

I made the updates to the LTS in live mode and it makes no difference.

The DSL is my main connection and this works fine with the distro but is unreliable which is why I need to often switch to the USB modem.

Are you saying that if I download and install this USB mount application then everything will work? Certainly my ISP is already in the list of providers so this won't be an issue. Lastly, is this likely to work in live mode so I can try it out before making a full install?

Thanks again.

Prime Suspect

Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:24:58 pm

In the end I decided just to make a full install of Zorin 5 as being the simplest option. I replaced my existing Linux which was dual booted with Windows 7 and everything went in clean with no problems since. The 300MB of updates is a bit of a drag but soon sorted. Windows still works too which is a bit of a pity but unfortuanately I do need it for testing :lol: Updates excepted, It's unbelievable how quickly you can install and fully customize a Linux distribution compared to Windows.