This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS nice linux system but always make my laptop freeze?

favpanda

Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:37:56 am

Hello i have a problem with this zorin os , im newbie in linux and already install ubuntu , opensuse and never get a problem like what i have with zorin os , i like zorin os because it more easy then other linux distro i already test , but the problem is every time i using this zorin os will always hangs / freeze around 1 hours and i dont know why and need me to force shutdown the laptop power , i also notice after try reinstall back the same problem when the last step after click the finish setup , the system will be also hangs and freeze without any reason and need me to shutdown the power then start again. if someone here can help me with this pls let me know

thanks

Wolfman

Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:48:24 pm

Hi favpanda,

the next time you start your PC, go straight into "Recovery Mode" and run "dpkg" and let us know if that helps.

You should restart the PC once "dpkg" is complete and once fully booted, add the graphic card drivers via Control Center > Hardware > Additional Drivers (For ATI and Nvidia only!).

Regards Wolfman:)