This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

USB mouse and Wireless USB Dongal issue

Cybercalypso

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:54:22 am

Hi all

When I boot up Zorin OS 5 I have to keep changing the mouse and wireless dongal around in the USB ports in order for them to work other wise they do not work at all. Does anyone know if this is a bug if it is not a bug. Then is there a setting that can be changed to stop this from happening. Everything works fine apart from that, but once I change them around they start working again.

Thanks for the help

maxmm5

Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:43:28 pm

Hi Cybercalypso, I thick it was a hardware issue and not software. Try to used ps2 instead of usb. I'm using Lenovo S10-3c with RC5 though my keybaord is not working (with this type of netbook, keyboard is an issue with Linux) so I used a usb wireless keyboard/mouse combination and a dongle mobile broadband internet connection and it works good.

Cybercalypso

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:54:23 pm

Hi Guys

Thanks for the info on that issue. The one solution I have found is to leave it at the login for a while then it all starts to work again, but I will try a PS2 mouse and see what happens. The only other solution is to unplug usb mouse and wireless dongal and plug them back in to other usb ports

Thanks Again