This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(Solved)Unmount NTFS at Start Up

LCRJR

Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:50:48 am

I am very new to Ubuntu based OS's. I am dual booted W7 ultimate and Zorin OS 5 Ultimate. I mounted my NTFS files using NTFS configuration tool, now the two drives of W7 mount every time I boot on Zorin. I understand thats what I wanted to do at first, but how do I stop it from mounting now. I tried disabling it from NTFS configuration tool by unchecking the boxes. To no avail. Any advice?

LCRJR

Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:05:31 am

Thank You for responding, I am trying different things suggested in each link, but so far the two drives " /media/sda2" and "/media/System_Reserved" refuse to not auto mount at start up. I am not done exploring options but just wanted to stop long enough to Thank You. I will update with the solution.

Wolfman

Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:20:13 am

Here is a pic for you from nautilus.

Regards Wolfman :D

Configuration Editor - preferences_001.png
Configuration Editor - preferences_001.png (175.85 KiB)

LCRJR

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:09:48 pm

That is one of the options I have tried. I unchecked "/apps/nautilus/preferences/media_automount " or set to false. And rebooted, they still auto mount. I go back to Nautilus to check and it's set correctly. I can sudo umount the drives in terminal, and I must use sudo, they will not umount unless I do, However they auto mount at boot up.
I love this OS, I'm a windows person, but with time I would love to learn Linux.

Wolfman

Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:25:43 pm

Sorry,

the only thing I can find is another link for you, have a quick read and see if it helps you:

http://www.liberiangeek.net/2010/09/dis ... k-meerkat/

Regards Wolfman :D

LCRJR

Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:17:33 am

SOLVED: My problem ended up not that the drives were mounted, but the icons on my desktop would allow access too easily. So removing the icons was what I really needed to do.
http://blog.sudobits.com/2011/05/01/top ... ntu-11-04/
Screenshot-Top 10 Tips and Tricks for Ubuntu 11.04 - Google Chrome.png
Screenshot-Top 10 Tips and Tricks for Ubuntu 11.04 - Google Chrome.png (231.36 KiB)