This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[RESOLVED] Bluetooth problems

cz8771

Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:13:25 pm

I have followed instructions to download windows drivers. No matter what I try it will not find .inf file. what am i doing wrong? can someone please help me. I have asus prime z270-a mob,i7 7700k cpu, mob doesnt have built in bluetooth so I have a dongle. I cant get it to work. Please help. I will provide additional info if needed.

Swarfendor437

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:47:44 am

Can you provide specific mobile and dongle make and model please.

cz8771

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:15:51 pm

i will gladly provide any info You need. Please forgive my ignorance I do not know how to retrieve the info you are requesting. thank you for responding.

cz8771

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:37:07 pm

I think my easiest bet may be to purchase another usb dongle linux friendly. I will accept any input from any of you out there. I`m new at linux so I can use all the help I can get.

MBMz10

Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:11:54 am

I assume you have gone into settings>bluetooth devices (what Zorin version are you using?) but cannot see it there?
If you have a Windows machine you might able to use that to identify the device? Or try posting a picture of it?

If you do purchase a new one be sure to look for the Linux compatibility (penguin) on the pack.
No Bluetooth user myself so these are just some basic ideas, hopefully they help.

(edit) Nice hardware specs there BTW

Swarfendor437

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:05:14 am

Apologies to cz8771, I misread your post thinking you were trying to connect your mobile phone that does not have bluetooth! :oops:

Hopefully this should sort you out:

https://www.thinkpenguin.com/gnu-linux/ ... ro-adapter

mijoy

Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:21:25 pm

Oh great, I'm having problem for this for about a week but using an adapter I was able to connect my BT jbl speaker and doss soundbox touch, many thanks!