This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

ppa for Libre?

VcDeveloper

Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:43:26 am

Is there a ppa for LibreOffice? I would like to update to the latest version. I'm getting errors trying to install it manually using the readme instruction.

dpkg: error processing libobasis3.4-base_3.4.4-402_i386.deb (--install): package architecture (i386) does not match system (amd64)

VcDeveloper

Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:44:29 am

Cancel that! I downloaded the wrong file!..... :(

pantabulosin

Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:09:46 am

Hi, it seems that you are manually installing libreoffice from a tar file. However, if you want to always be on the latest version of libreoffice you may want to add libreoffice ppa. you can check http://www.ubuntugeek.com/install-libreoffice-in-ubuntu-11-0410-1010-04-using-ppa.html for details

Wolfman

Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:43:06 am

You can also type "libreoffice" in search under Synaptic and it will install a number of extra packages, you will still need to check the list for any missing bits!!.

(Another tip is always to right click a package name and see if there are any recommended or suggested packages to install!)

Regards Wolfman :D

Deadly Ernest

Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:45:19 am

G'day,

I just opened the Ubuntu Software Centre from the main menu and found Libre office in that. Once installed from that source, it's in the repository list and is updated from the main Ubuntu repository when you do a package update. Much easier. It's usually the latest stable version of Libre Office and not the very cutting edge, but I doubt many people need the absolute latest in an office package.

Ernest