This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Attach files on NAS Share Using GMail

cranks

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:33:36 am

I've been a happy user of Zorin for a while but one thing is bugging me that I can't seem to find a solution to.

When using GMail in Chrome or Chromium I do not have the option to attach any files from my Qnap Nas boxes - see Screenshot below
Screenshot 2.png

The folders are book marked in Nautilus but do not show up when I am in GMail and go to attach file - see Screenshot below
Screenshot 1.png

Drag and drop doesn't work either.

I have a dual boot machine with Win10 installed and I don't have any issues attaching any file from my NAS boxes...drag and drop works to.

Can anyone provide a solution for me??

Swarfendor437

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:56:14 pm

Hi cranks, I don't have any NAS drives - is it a permissions issue I wonder? Does your login credentials to the NAS work OK? Has the Computer with Zorin on got permissions from the NAS? Worth installing Synaptic Package Manager if you haven't got it already from Software and then search for NAS in that - I am pointing out that Synaptic Package Manager is an essential part of any GNU/Linux system that can use it as 'Software' does not deal with the nitty-gritty backend of stuff, including printer packages in the next instalment of the Unofficial manual for Zorin 12.2 Core. Once installed, do a search for packages with the term 'NAS'. ;) :D

cranks

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:12:53 am

Thanks Swarfendor437,

I have Synaptic installed and searched for NAS as suggested and the only hit was for an alsaplayer for nas which is not what I need.

I have SMB and AFP protocols on my NAS's enabled and can access folders and files using either protocol. I thought if I configured NFS it may help, but this is a major PIA so I didn't proceed.

I can't find any solution why my mapped folders are not visible when I try to attach files in GMail...arggggg!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Looks like I may have to dump Zorin/Ubuntu if I can't get this resolved soon.

cranks

Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:34:51 am

I found a solution here: I found a solution here: http://jarasyola.blogspot.com.au/2017/0 ... linux.html

I am a 'Happy Little Vegemite'!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

zorinantwerp

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:00:35 am

cranks wrote:I am a 'Happy Little Vegemite'!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

had to look it up in google lol aussie talk :mrgreen:

thanks for sharing your source of information from IT Knowledge Lab on 'How to mount QNAP shared folder in Linux '.

+++

Swarfendor437

Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:25:59 pm

YAY! :D :D :D :D

240 blue jewels to cranks!

Have marked this thread as [SOLVED]. 8-)