This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Is there a Intel HD 2000 Graphics Driver for Linux

Deadly Ernest

Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:25:09 am

G'day,

Just upgraded the motherboard to an i5 and it has a built in graphics chip, an Intel HD 2000 Graphics card. I can't find a Linux driver for this. Does anyone know of where I can get one?

Thank you,

Ernest

Wolfman

Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:37:44 am

Hi Ernest,

I found this:

http://intellinuxgraphics.org/download.html

Regards Wolfman :D

Deadly Ernest

Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:49:27 am

Very nice Wolfman,

I found that too, from the Intel site - one issue - What the FRAC do I do with source code?? and how do I make that into a suitable Ubuntu or Zorin driver? Also, do I need all those files or just a few? The page isn't clear on what to do, but is clear it's meant for experienced developers, which isn't me.

The first paragraph at the very top says it all:

Compiling and/or upgrading graphics drivers in Linux is a complex and error-prone task. Here is a user guide for how to build the driver from scratch. If you are not experienced doing this, we recommend that you get precompiled packages from one of the many Linux distributions.
end quote

Thus I'm seeking help to get the precompiled drivers, as they suggest.

Regards,

Ernest

Wolfman

Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:11:00 pm

Alrighty then,

have a look here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1791325

Regards Wolfman :D

Deadly Ernest

Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:22:43 pm

G'day Wolfman,

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go if I ever get the system that far along I can jump through those hoops. I'd hoped I could find a driver and load it, and that it would magically make this fudge up I'm using work right due to the right graphics.

Regards,

Ernest

Deadly Ernest

Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:19:34 am

G'day All,

I've got some good graphics showing with a default graphics driver in Zorin, now, so I'm tabling this issue until the developers come up with a driver for the Intel HD 2000 / 3000 as part of the normal repository.

Thanks for the help, I'm now working at a reasonable setup so I don't wish to take any more chances with it by playing with anything.

Regards,

Ernest