This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Default Debian cursor when usic certain apps

RazorManager89

Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:41:14 pm

So, I've been having this problem, as I was bored of the classic cursor and went ahead and installed the Oxygen cursor, cursor installed successfully! Meh, sorta. When I'm on desktop custom cursor shows up, but when in some apps (like Firefox or Steam for example), the cursor changes to the default Debian cursor. How can I fix this? :|

Swarfendor437

Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:02:39 pm

I think it is some sort of bug/non-compliance with Ubuntu 16.04? That said I had similar issues with Comix cursor in earlier versions of Zorin - it may not be to your taste but my Hackneyed64 cursor works all over the place! ;) :D

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13349#p58567

RazorManager89

Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:20:57 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:I think it is some sort of bug/non-compliance with Ubuntu 16.04? That said I had similar issues with Comix cursor in earlier versions of Zorin - it may not be to your taste but my Hackneyed64 cursor works all over the place! ;) :D

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13349#p58567

Then how can I fix it?

Swarfendor437

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:48:15 pm

Hi, I am not sure you can fix it - I can't remember if I read somewhere that it is a bug? Had no such issues with Hackneyed 64 and other sizes are available. GNU/Linux does not use .cur files like Windows does - it is something I need to 'bottom' at some stage. Sorry friend I can't be of more assistance. :(