This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin Menu not working

jansmits

Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:54:43 pm

Hi folks,

I upgraded my system to 16.04.3 and since then my Zorin menu nolonger functions!?
So for instance, I can nolonger power off or suspend my computer!

Can anyone help me to correct this issue?

Thanks!
Jan

Swarfendor437

Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:38:36 pm

Hi, Have you got your software sources set to 'Main Server'?

Main Server.jpg

jansmits

Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:04:03 pm

Hi Swarfendor437,

No strangely it was not??

If i set this correctly, will it update my system so the menu will work correctly again on its own or is there more I should do manually?

Swarfendor437

Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:09:37 pm

Hi, I would change your update settings anyway. If possible make sure your machine is connected to the internet directly, boot in 'recovery mode' - if it is not running alongside any other OS you need to press the left shift key when you see 'blue/grey' frame around screen to access GRUB as it is hidden if Zorin is the only OS on your rig. Choose the second menu Item, then the recovery/safe mode option. When you get the options up, run DPKG which will check from the internet if anything is missing. If you have Gnome Tweak Tool installed, switch the Zorin Menu 'Off' and then 'On' again - You need to go to 'Extensions' in Gnome Tweak Tool - and if you haven't downloaded it already, look at my unofficial manual for what should be installed that isn't!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13614

;) :D

jansmits

Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:12:56 pm

The software update utility says that my computer is up-2-date.

Swarfendor437

Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:29:38 pm

OK, so have you tried turning Zorin Menu off and on again?

Zorin Menu Extenstion.jpg