This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Disappearing desktop icons

amicus

Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:37:27 pm

I'm new to the Zorin OS, so I'm trying to address a problem I've recently encountered concerning my desktop icons

I unchecked 'rotating cube' because it was driving me crazy because for some reason I had two Firefox browsers at each rotation. But when I went back to my desktop, the icons I had displayed on my desktop had disappeared and somehow I suspect this might relate to my unchecking 'rotating cube'.

I had an earlier problem with my screensaver which was included in my initial query and which was successfully addressed by VanR, so I amended my original inquiry to concentrate on the disappearing icons on my desktop.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

VanR

Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:50:34 pm

2. Go to System >Preferences> Screensaver and untick the "Lock Screen When Screensaver Is Active"

amicus

Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:49:27 am

VanR wrote:2. Go to System >Preferences> Screensaver and untick the "Lock Screen When Screensaver Is Active"

Thanks VanR, your path to the problem solved it completely. I really appreciate your input.

amicus

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:01:17 pm

amicus wrote:
VanR wrote:2. Go to System >Preferences> Screensaver and untick the "Lock Screen When Screensaver Is Active"

Thanks VanR, your path to the problem solved it completely, I don't have to login every time now, I really appreciate your input.

I do have one question though in this regard and that is my screensaver doesn't come on now. I noticed it recently as I have it set to come on in 30 minutes when the computer is idle and go to sleep in an hour. Is there something in screensaver setting that I need to change? I noticed that after 30 minutes the screen fades as if it wants to do something but then immediately returns.

Wolfman

Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:29:31 pm

Hi,

if you have active programs running in the background, they will trigger the screensaver to switch off!!.

Regards Wolfman :D