This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Screensaver

amicus

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:04:54 am

I've done a search for screensaver and found many suggestions but being new to Zorin I'm left a little confused.

First I'm using Zorin 5 Ultimate and what I want to accomplish is the following:

1) Activate the screensaver when computer is idle.
2) Regard the computer as idle after 30 minutes
3) In Power Management what time should be set in Actions 'Put computer to sleep when inactive for'?
4) In Power Management what time should be set in Display 'Put display to sleep when inactive for'?

After the screensaver has been active for 30 minutes I would like the computer go into a sleep mode not shutdown. I look forward to some suggestions and thank you all in advance.

amicus

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:00:08 am

swarfendor437 wrote:Have just uploaded a video to YouTube for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwQCnF4T ... plpp_video

That was great and I do appreciate you taking the time to do that for me. I do have another question and that is when I now ask the computer to wake up, it always asks me to login. Any idea how it can remember my login and not have me enter my password everytime to access my website?

amicus

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:16:11 am

amicus wrote:

That was great and I do appreciate you taking the time to do that for me. I do have another question and that is when I now ask the computer to wake up, it always asks me to login. Any idea how it can remember my login and not have me enter my password everytime to access my website?

****I just remembered how to do that because the problem had arisen earlier. I have to uncheck "Lock Screen when screensaver is active" By god, I think we've done it :D

amicus

Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:55:57 am

amicus wrote:
amicus wrote:

****I just remembered how to do that because the problem had arisen earlier. I have to uncheck "Lock Screen when screensaver is active" By god, I think we've done it :D

**** Well that turned out to be not true as it turned out. I came down this morning with the monitor display full on. The screen saver never came up when I unchecked "Lock Screen when screensaver is active".

Now I do have Zorin Ultimate 5 which might be different from the You Tube video version shown. My version only has 'On AC Power' & 'General' in Power Management but no 'Battery Backup' I must admit to some frustration at this point but I know the answer is there and will be happily resolved.

VanR

Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:28:33 pm

Go into Ubuntu Tweak. I think it should be installed by default on your system. Open Ubuntu Tweak and look for power management on the left column and uncheck Lock Screen On Hibernate and Lock Screen On Suspend.

amicus

Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:07:20 pm

VanR wrote:Go into Ubuntu Tweak. I think it should be installed by default on your system. Open Ubuntu Tweak and look for power management on the left column and uncheck Lock Screen On Hibernate and Lock Screen On Suspend.

Well unfortunately I still have to login. Should I go back to system/preferences/screensaver and uncheck "Lock Screen when screensaver is active" as you suggested in an earlier post or are we looking in a new direction altogether?

amicus

Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:09:59 pm

amicus wrote:
VanR wrote:Go into Ubuntu Tweak. I think it should be installed by default on your system. Open Ubuntu Tweak and look for power management on the left column and uncheck Lock Screen On Hibernate and Lock Screen On Suspend.

Well unfortunately I still have to login. Should I go back to system/preferences/screensaver and uncheck "Lock Screen when screensaver is active" as you suggested in an earlier post or are we looking in a new direction altogether?

The other thing I should mention, and I don't know if it has any bearing in any of this, but the small login window has at its' title "None Specified" and underneath it says "WVDK on Desktop"