This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(Resolved) Screen Saver in Zorin Lite?

pcfan5

Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:15:14 am

Hello, Does Zorin litte have Screen Savers? I cannot find them?

I am translating the unoficial manual for Core and didn't read about it yet.

Swarfendor437

Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:58:15 am

Hi, I have been messing with xfce on my Zorin 12 Ultimate install and when you install all things xfce the screensavers get installed - I have since borked my Zorin 12 install login screen and my own fault, not created a backup before messing - let that be a lesson to all of you! Backup of data and fresh install this weekend at some point. :oops:

pcfan5

Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:06:04 am

I am so sorry to hear about you breaking your system...couldn't it be saved... I am sorry that happened because you wanted to help me.... hope you can run a program to rescue lost files.
Didn't understand when you said "when you install all things xfce the screensavers get installed". If I can help you to solve your problem in any way let me know. Sometimes you can fix things instead of a clean install. Sorry again.

Swarfendor437

Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:44:43 pm

Hi, my error was not to do a 'redo' backup image before 'messing'! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Swarfendor437

Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:15:30 pm

These are the files you need:

Screensaver Lite.png

pcfan5

Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:00:43 am

I am so sorry to hear that you messed up your system in order to help me. I have read about Redo back up in the manual you wrote , when i started translating it. I don't remember now if redo saves your files or your configurations as well. I hope you haven't lost important files.

Swarfendor437

Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:33:38 am

pcfan5 wrote:I am so sorry to hear that you messed up your system in order to help me. I have read about Redo back up in the manual you wrote , when i started translating it. I don't remember now if redo saves your files or your configurations as well. I hope you haven't lost important files.

Nothing lost I booted into Core for the last time (for now) and backed up my /home folder. I will be now attempting to create the manual for Lite. ;) :D

Thanks for your concern. Redo backs up the entire system, not folders.

pcfan5

Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:18:15 pm

thanks for your reply! you are always very kind!. You can count on me regarding future translation of that manual.

pcfan5

Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:43:54 pm

Hello, I would like to apologize for not having answered before, I didn't have time to try the suggestions until today.
I am happy to say that now I have screensaver on my zorin lite :D , I only installed the following packages from Synaptic Mannager: xscreensaver; xscreensaver-data, and xscreensaver-gl ( the two firsts are related so when you marked both are selected) the last one I choose it myself since it has a cool "glmatrix" screensaver that was the one I wanted.
Thanks to swarf...for his assistance. Topic Solved. :geek:

zorinantwerp

Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:02:29 pm

Thanks pcfan5 for informing other members and myself on how you got happy again .

cheers

Swarfendor437

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:07:07 pm

I have all the following installed:

xscreensaver packages.jpg