This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Preliminaries to asking about audio configuration/troublesho

IanGraham

Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:13:13 pm

Hallo, again.
I can hear nothing from my T500. I have methodically checked everything I can think to check, and kept a log of what I've done.
I have read the sticky about system info, and am trying to 'be a good boy'.
Is there any way to download that list of required information ?
I've tried copy and paste (into Libre Office) and it sort of works, but not visibly, usably so. It seems to come down as some sort of graphic, not text.

This could be a long haul !
Thanks for any help to get me started..................
Ian G
Wales UK
:|

zorinantwerp

Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:11:35 pm

Hi
have you audio from the headphone jack?

read undernoted on helpdesk of Lenovo. it might help you out :)
Code:
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T500-no-sound-from-internal-speaker-but-Headphones-work/td-p/111331/page/3

"I went crazy with the drivers reinstalling and installing them multiple times. Then I found an obscure post on one of these forum postings that solved the issue. Apparently the little silver colored mute button on the top left of the key board will silence the audio but the lower right Window tray icon will now show it muted."

+++

IanGraham

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:33:17 am

Hallo, again, Mr Moderator, and thanks for the link.
No, I can't get sound from the headphones jack, or from speakers without anything in the headphone output. It appears to refer to a machine running Win 7, but it has at least prompted me to look at those little silver buttons. Not clear in my case whether the Mute is active - I can see no response, but the Vol Down and Vol Up certainly show visually, but they're not the problem - I still can't hear anything.
I think I'd better start a proper thread. Q.v., please !
Ian G.

Swarfendor437

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:55:59 pm

It would appear you are not alone:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/958495/ ... nkpad-t500

- try to install 'alsa' from Synaptic Package Manager, then from a Terminal window (right-click anywhere on the desktop to launch Terminal) and enter:

Code:
alsa
after you have installed to see what shows up. ;) :D