This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

The last Zorin 12 update crash my computer

Bryan Woodward

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:54:57 pm

HELP.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone in the Zorin community....

I am not sure is anybody having the same problem....

I down load the Zorin lasted upate on my computer..... restarted the computer.... I notice the wifi was gone and some of the icons started to disappear.... Strange.....then it went to the log in screen.... then notice some of the icons were missing... Then I put in my password in my computer.... it would not boot up to the main screen... more biazzare

Well.... I have a Zorin 12.1 Ultimate disc laying around.... So I reinstall Zorin again and started from scratch.... Everything went very well with the installation.

After the installation, I decided to do all the updates..... Downloaded all the 12.3 updates.... everything went well....so far so good....

Then it started unpacking the updated software...... half way during the update installation..... the computer starts to crash.... icons starts to disappear.....gos back to the log in screen.... minus the icons.... put in pass word..... it will not go into the main screen.....

Right now..... I am scratching my head..... What just happened.... really very puzzled....
Went to the drawing board reinstalled Zorin 12.1 again....
Right now, I am very scared to do any more updates....running 12.1 version at the moment....

Anybody.... knows what went wrong....... what can I do.....
Can use some help...please

Thank you
Bryan Woodward

P.S.
I love Zorin 12.... I do not want to replace it....

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:36:28 am

Hi, Have you made sure that your software sources are set to 'Main Server' and not your Country's Locale Server in Software Updates? I would also check for any missing packages via Synaptic Package Manager which you will have to install from Software as it was never (wrongly IMHO) bundled with any release of Zorin 12. ;) :D