This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Zorin Appearance not loading

captainchaos

Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:17:14 pm

Hi,

I don't know if anyone can help but I have the premium version of Zorin and I set the appearance to match how Ubuntu used to be while it had the Unity Desktop. I had a fix saved in a notepad item in my home folder that would disable the trackpad on my laptop but just lately it's stopped working. I searched online and someone was advising someone else to download the keyboard and mouse application for Gnome.

I did this and now today my desktop has been replaced with Cinnamon, and the Zorin Appearance application won't load. I'm figuring on doing a reinstall of the 12.2 I paid for to try and get back to how I had it but wondered if there was an easier way.

This might sound a bit petty but I have autism and had to give up on Ubuntu as it was getting more and more demanding on my processor, but as I was used to the way it worked I purposefully bought the premium version so I could get Zorin to look as close to it as possible and I hate the desktop I now have :(

Thanks,
Craig

zorinantwerp

Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:51:14 pm

Hi Craig

disable trackpad = touchpad:
goto menu/software
install mouse and settings (the second one stating 'Control mouse and touchpad settings'

removing cinnamon desktop environment:
goto Terminal (Ctrl+Alt+t) and insert sudo apt-get remove cinnamon && sudo apt-get autoremove

keep courage Craig we do all what is possible to help you out :)

+++

captainchaos

Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:02:52 pm

Thank you so much!!

I followed your instructions and rebooted and my desktop has returned! I am very grateful :-)

Thanks,
Craig

Swarfendor437

Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:17:49 pm

Great job zorinantwerp! Will mark thread as [SOLVED]. :D