This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

How to single click for rename

spartha

Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:17:52 am

Good day!

Would anyone know how I can single click and rename a file as done in windows? I know that F2 works. Preferences -> Behavior does not have the option in Zorin.

Thanks!

Swarfendor437

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:09:38 pm

OK, to change from double-click to single-click of mouse, right-click on the 'Files' folder (right-most icon on the left of the panel), select 'Preferences' then click on the 'Behavio(u)r' tab to change mouse preferences:

Selection_097.jpg

For renaming file - right-click the file and select 'rename' or double-click the name (text bit) to change:

Documents - File Manager_099.jpg

spartha

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:55:15 am

Thanks for this. I did see the single click to open files. However, I was looking for single click to rename the file (as done in windows). Is this possible?

Thank you.

zorinantwerp

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:44:08 am

Hi

what time you seek to gain in not using F2 (1 click)

+++

spartha

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:02:11 pm

To click on my f2, I need to hold down the fn button, which makes it annoying.. apart from that looking for the button now is that much more time consuming as it is more cluttered than ever before. Not that it can't be done, the one click is a nice feature to have as we can use one hand to click and that we are used to the convenience now.

zorinantwerp

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:44:09 pm

spartha wrote:To click on my f2, I need to hold down the fn button, which makes it annoying..

not for me , something is wrong with yr keyboard settings

+++

Swarfendor437

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:27:34 pm

spartha

Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:53:55 am

Thanks. The newer laptops like my lenovo and dell come with these settings pre-installed. The F2 key in my lenovo is the volume key first. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Swarfendor437

Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:41:52 am

Glad to help where I can. Sorry I misread your OP. ;) :D