This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[RESOLVED] No Desktop Icons

Superkroot

Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:50:28 pm

I just installed Zorin today, enjoying it so far, but im having a little problem: No desktop icons are visible.

If I go into the home folder, and look in the Desktop folder, all the icons are there, but none are showing up on the desktop itself.

Desktop icons are turned on using the Zorin Appearance app, double checked through dconf editor and gnome tweak tool. Changing appearance does not seem to do anything. Checked to make sure im not in some kind of weird alternative desktop or workspace, deleting the icons from the Home->Desktop folder and replacing them, etc.

This isn't a huge deal, but it feels kinda weird that no icons are showing up. Any tips?

zorinantwerp

Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:07:23 am

Hi Superkroot

which version you are running 12.4 ? lite, Core, ultimate?

tks for clarifying :)

Finston Pickle

Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:54:27 pm

I had this problem once before - have a look int the old threads for the solution (I can't remember what I did but it was simple - like click on the desktop folder page)

Not quite it - but the nearest I can find is: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12720

Superkroot

Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:30:28 am

Sorry, forgot to update this. Found the solution : it was a permissions issue. Reapplying the permissions settings of the Desktop folder that it said it already had fixed the issue.