This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

WiFi hookup

Finston Pickle

Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:30:28 pm

I'm still having trouble with WiFi hook-up and drop out - can't find websites etc..

Normally from a cmplete shutdown the WiFi connects perfectly - black tick next to the router in Settings > network.

My workaound - which used to work - was to open then minimise Settings > network - after the black tick had been found/reconnected.

Now I find even that (minimised router with black tick) drop out periodically and I have to click on my router in Settings > network, until the black tick reappears - and then websites magically work again.

What does the black tick signify - it seems important - proper router connection / handshake?

Finston Pickle

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:15:59 pm

This is becomming a serious issue - it took me 15 mins to get online, using WiFi, tonight.

This has only started recently - what has changed? - perhaps wrongly, I always install updates immediately.

Maybe I will have to connect directly to my router in future.

Swarfendor437

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:29:04 pm

if you have android download WiFi analyzer:

http://www.keuwl.com/

Useful to see if there are any channel clashes with your neighbours. ;) :D

zorinantwerp

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:46:03 pm

Hi

wild guess - disable IPv6 in your OS settings

+++

Finston Pickle

Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:16:44 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I think the WiFi system is not clashing with a neighbour's as every other device workd perfectly - but, I will check as suggested.

I have turned IPv6 OFF and so far no dropouts!!

zorinantwerp

Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:47:15 pm

Finston Pickle wrote:I have turned IPv6 OFF and so far no dropouts!!

my advices might be (often) controversial but now spot on :mrgreen: