This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Firefox issue

Finston Pickle

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:35:49 pm

For some reason, the "home" button in Firefox 64.0 has gone AWOL - even after shutdown/restart.

Any ideas how I can get this useful feature back?

Aravisian

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:54:47 am

Finston Pickle wrote:For some reason, the "home" button in Firefox 64.0 has gone AWOL - even after shutdown/restart.

Any ideas how I can get this useful feature back?

The beauty of the forced Firefox 57 and up updates... Honestly, I had nothing but issues with Firefox 57 and in the end, I removed every trace of it and installed Waterfox, instead. Waterfox then needs to be configured to meet your needs (for example, as downloaded and installed, it is set to treat all instances as "Private browsing" and you need to uncheck that in order to enable saving passwords in browser.)
For your Mozilla Firefox issue, you may try clicking the hamburger icon (menu button that looks like three stacked horizontal lines), clicking "help" and then clicking "Troubleshooting Information."
At the top right corner, you will see a "Reset Firefox" button. Click on that. Firefox will refresh and then should give you a pop up noting what data (Bookmarks, saved logins, etc.) was imported.
Click finish and then restart Firefox.

If that fails, you may have a corrupted file in Mozilla folder and you can check Here:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Corrupt_localstore.rdf

Hope this helps in some way.

MBMz10

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:51:17 pm

Click the hamburger menu far right hand side choose Customize and hopefully you see it in there and just drag it back where you want it.

zorinantwerp

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:03:33 pm

Hi Finston

as you are concerned on security well I am still a believer of waterfox.
search.php?keywords=Waterfox&terms=all&author=&t=0&submit=Search&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300

on firefox I get confused and version now-a-days as I have Firefox Quantum 64.0 mozilla firefox for Ubuntu 1.0 on my laptop but not in use.

cheers

Finston Pickle

Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:10:35 pm

Thanks MBMz10 - my "home" button now present and correct.