This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

connect to Google drive in Zorin OS Lite12.4

Hensyr Wolf

Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:41:08 am

Hello there,

Is it possible to connect youre Google Drive to Zorin OS Lite 12.4?
In Zorin OS 12.4 Core is this very easy but i can't find a way to do this in the Lite version of Zorin.

Aravisian

Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:01:27 am

Hensyr,
You can do this from your Terminal.
Courtesy of Jack Wallen:
https://www.techrepublic.com/article/ho ... ocamlfuse/

Open a terminal and copy/paste or type:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alessandro-strada/ppa

Code:
sudo apt-get update

Code:
sudo apt-get install google-drive-ocamlfuse

After installation is complete, type in:
Code:
google-drive-ocamlfuse

When I tested this procedure on my machine, it opened the authentication in a new Waterfox Browser window. For you, it probably will use your browser in the same manner. After that, you can authenticate. You will then be told by your browser that tokens must be downloaded; so you can wait for that until the terminal window prompt returns and you can then mount google drive.
In your terminal, you can enter:
Code:
mkdir ~/google-drive

This will create a "google drive folder" in your home directory. Really, you can name it something other than Google Drive if you want. "My-political-career-ruined" or "blackmail-photos" can work just as well.
Enter in terminal:
Code:
google-drive-ocamlfuse ~/google-drive

Where "google-drive" is the name of the folder you created a moment ago. This mounts your google drive.
At this point, you should see your files populate that folder from Google Drive.
To unmount:
Code:
fusermount -u ~/google-drive

Hope this helps

Hensyr Wolf

Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:15:52 am

Hey Aravisian, thank you for your explanation. I will definitely try this out. Later I will tell if it has succeeded. :) :P

Hensyr Wolf

Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:00:03 am

Hi Aravisian, your explanation is very good! It works very well. Thank you for that. :P :)

Aravisian

Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:59:44 pm

Hensyr,
I'm glad I could help you find Wallens guide. I had looked up the same thing not long ago, but I had gone a different way for different purposes.
I am currently using pCloud. Designed with Linux in mind, pCloud suits me better as it operates faster without the "repeat entry bug" that drive has.
It offers login at start up as well as a folder placed in my home folder that is ready whenever I am. I sell on eBay sometimes (Nothing computer related; mostly vintage World War II stuff) and need to organize and move photos quickly. Since that pays about ten cents USD per hour, a person really needs fast listing making.
I have also used pCloud as a Backup device.
You may look into that, as well. More storage always helps.

Hensyr Wolf

Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:09:52 pm

Hi dear Aravisian, I will certainly keep your suggestion in mind