This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Should I update programs like wine manually?

DonPacho20

Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:45:48 pm

Hello everyone,

So I've installed Zorin OS 12.4 Lite. I have one question.
The installed version of wine is 3.0 but on wine's site the 4.0 version has already released. And playonlinux has newer version too but I can't update them in the software store. Why is that? If I delete the old versions and install the new ones will it work? Or are there any specific reason why I can't update through the store?
The newer version would be good because some programs don't work with 3.0.

Swarfendor437

Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:04:49 pm

Hi, I would backup any critical data before missing in case the system gets screwed. There have been issues with WINE in Zorin 12.x and these issues were going to be addressed in the next major release and in due course updates to Zorin 12.x. ;) :D

See also:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14035

Please be surer to read the thread in its entirety. ;)

DonPacho20

Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:18:36 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, I would backup any critical data before missing in case the system gets screwed. There have been issues with WINE in Zorin 12.x and these issues were going to be addressed in the next major release and in due course updates to Zorin 12.x. ;) :D

See also:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14035

Please be surer to read the thread in its entirety. ;)

Thank you

I think I'll wait for the updates.
I don't want to mess up things, I needed 2 days to set up everything properly in Zorin.