This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[MOVED] Zorin and installation into Hyper-V

iginio

Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:43:15 am

I purchased and downloaded Zorin Ultimate. I then uploaded Zorin to Hyper V creating a Zorin Virtual Machine. I already have a Zorin Virtual machine but I decided to give ultimate a try. My problem is that I am presented installation instructions and the first one says Erase Disk and install Zorin. I created a Virtual Disk through hyper V and I am of the opinion that if I load Zorin at this point I will not endanger the data in my physical hard disk or my other Virtual Disks. However, I want to make sure. Please, anyone, give your opinion.

Swarfendor437

Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:05:54 pm

Hi, Please be advised that the How-to section is for tutorials only, not for questions - please bear that in mind for future postings. ;) :D

Swarfendor437

Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:09:55 pm

I have never used Hyper-V, only Virtual Box on Zorin and other distributions. Normally in VB you get the option to create a virtual HD and during install it tells you that do you want to format the disk which is the Virtual Hard Disk - if it is looking for the Zorin already installed it might be wanting to remove that - can you back up your Zorin Virtual install you already have? I'm no Hyper-V expert so anything you do now, do so at your own risk. ;) :D