This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Stuck (freeze Desktop)

lolikatica

Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:59:58 pm

all linux distros stuck my pc and nothing works idk why i have 4gb ram processor:intel celeron 1900 2.0ghz and graphic card:intel hd graphic how to fix that stuck :( :oops: :twisted: :evil: :!:
and to add I can not turn off the computer, nothing can only freeze the screen does not work neither the keyboard nor the mouse everything is frozen I do not know why every Linux is so

zorinantwerp

Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:25:49 pm

Hi

will surely try to help you out but please give us more information
1. Name (Brand) of Computer Tower/System, Notebook Brand and model [Notebook = misnomer of 'Laptop' ;) ]

2. Amount of available Memory (RAM)

3. Whether Zorin is the only OS on the computer or dual-boot (e.g. Windows [and which version of Windows!] and Zorin).

4. Hard Drive partitioning.

5. Graphics card make and model, or Graphics chipset in respect of Notebooks.

6. Audio chips/Soundcard

7. Wireless Dongle or PCI Card, or Wireless chipset.

8. Whether you ran Zorin Live first to check it worked before installing.

9. Which version of Zorin you have installed/have in mind to install.

Thanks

lolikatica

Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:52:58 pm

1.altos asrock
2.4gb ram 3.70 available
3.only zorin install last version
4.hard disk 500gb
5.graphic card:intel hd graphic family
6.soundtrack
7.Wireless chipset
8.Live even after installation, the screen froze after a while, i can not do anything because everything is frozen
9.I installed the latest version 12.4 and the previous version also freezes the screen, ie each Linux also freezes
please help :/

zorinantwerp

Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:01:12 pm

Hiu

sorry for the late reply .
on consideration the freezing looks a graphic driver issue
under Terminal (trl+Alt+t) insert
and give outcome please

+++

lolikatica

Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:37:25 am

zorinantwerp wrote:Hiu

and give outcome please

+++

lolikatica

Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:40:48 am

zorinantwerp wrote:Hiu

and give outcome please

+++

Swarfendor437

Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:08:37 pm

So we've established it is a note/netbook due to the information on madison mobile. Whilst (some) Atom Processors have 64-bit bandwidth in such devices they can only run 32-bit Operating Systems - that's down to how intel program their hardware - what OS came with the unit?

lolikatica

Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:31:17 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:So we've established it is a note/netbook due to the information on madison mobile. Whilst (some) Atom Processors have 64-bit bandwidth in such devices they can only run 32-bit Operating Systems - that's down to how intel program their hardware - what OS came with the unit?

this is 64 bit

lolikatica

Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:35:32 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:So we've established it is a note/netbook due to the information on madison mobile. Whilst (some) Atom Processors have 64-bit bandwidth in such devices they can only run 32-bit Operating Systems - that's down to how intel program their hardware - what OS came with the unit?

I need to install 32 bit OS?

zorinantwerp

Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:20:23 pm

Hi

no 32 bit OS for Zorin 15 Beta - it will come when the Lite version is ready. (it will take some time)
in meantime you may tryout Zorin version 12.4 as 32 and 64 bit are available
Code:
https://zorinos.com/help/install-zorin-os/

good luck

lolikatica

Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:34:15 am

zorinantwerp wrote:Hi

no 32 bit OS for Zorin 15 Beta - it will come when the Lite version is ready. (it will take some time)
in meantime you may tryout Zorin version 12.4 as 32 and 64 bit are available
Code:
https://zorinos.com/help/install-zorin-os/

good luck

I do not understand you want to use your distro, but the problem is still not resolved ...

lolikatica

Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:35:00 am

I do not understand you want to use your distro, but the problem is still not resolved ...

Swarfendor437

Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:42:28 pm

I am making wild assumptions here - what version of windows came with this netbook or was it empty of any OS? ;)