This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Stuck On Boot Logo

Markhor ツ

Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:07:05 am

Hi, This is my first time using Zorin OS. I'm facing an issue after installation the time I was installing Zorin OS I removed all of my other Hard Drives leaving just one I wanted to install Zorin on. after the installation was done and It booted into to the fresh installation I ran sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade and it also went well it downloaded a bunch of stuff after it wanted to restart so I did so once this was done I shut it down and plugged in my other two drives back in but it doesn't boot into Zorin OS when the other two are plugged in it just stucks on the boot logo of HP. when I remove the drives It boots into Zorin without any issue the drives are good I just checked them on other PC.

My PC Specs

HP
Pentium D DC7600
Ram: 3GB
3.14 GHz
Hard: Primary With Zorin On It 500GB, Other Two 40Gb Each

zorinantwerp

Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:28:39 pm

Hi

heard that before so plug in your USB drives after boot up :)

+++

Markhor ツ

Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:06:44 am

zorinantwerp wrote:Hi

+++

They aren't USB drives.

Aravisian

Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:58:06 pm

Markhor ツ wrote:
zorinantwerp wrote:Hi

+++

They aren't USB drives.

Marhor, do your drives use cable select Jumpers? That is how I resolved that issue.

Swarfendor437

Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:26:25 pm

Also was it a Windows 10 device? Have you got Legacy mode enabled or UEFI/Legacy mode in your BIOS? If you didn't make changes to Windows 10 or fast boot in the BIOS that could be your issue. Is your BIOS up-to-date like my rig has a boot order priority to sort that out. ;)