This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] I think I messed up, took an update

dksix

Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:42:52 am

Since I started using 5.2 I've noticed that I've not needed any updates. I had it check for updates several times but never are there any, surprizing to me. Today an update to update ubuntu came up and I took it, now....not much is working. I had it try again but got only a partial update option, I took that thinking that it would pick up what was missing/damaged and then get a complete install next time. Pictures are worth 1000's or words, so here are a couple od screenshots. Ironicly, the only known issue with the original 5.2 install was the workspace switcher didn't work....it works fine now.

Linx

Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:25:18 am

distribution upgrade ...

sounds like you updated your kernal ...
best reinstall ..
I thinks ...

Wolfman

Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:40:16 am

Hi,

see if you can boot into a previous kernel from the boot menu, that may get you started!!.

Option 2 is boot into recovery mode and then run "dpkg" which should fix any broken packages!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

dksix

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:58:37 pm

It must have been something in the wireless. Just to give it a try I turned off my wireless and plugged in the my router. i went through 2 partial install/updates and then it restarted and everything is running fine.