This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Low Screen Resolution issue

blousetrader

Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:11:40 pm

Hi all, I've just downloaded and installed Zorin 5.2 in Virtualbox within win7. It looks good but I can't get a higher screen resolution than 1024x768. The monitor setting is telling me it is unknown. I have a Radeon HD 6670 graphics card. I did download and install AMD Catalyst Contorl Centre but when I run it I get an error 'No AMD graphics driver is installed etc... or configure using aticonfig) Any help with this would be appreciated as I'm new to Linux.

One other thing, how do you add apps to the launchpad? ie replace Chrome with Firfox - I can't drag down from menu as per windows

blousetrader

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:20:00 pm

Hi, no way to do that in virtualbox but I downloaded the ATI drivers manually and with help from some posts on the web managed to get that going through terminal.

On the pinning side I have found that you don't get the options you refer to when in XP mode - I had to change back to Windows 7 in the look change to allow that.