This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Something wrong with updates I think

Inferdramon

Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:36:54 pm

Hello. I recently switched my parents' computer from Windows Vista to Zorin. The switch took place approximately a month ago. In that time, I've only updated the computer once, and here's where the problem is occurring.

For some reason, in all this time, I have not seen a single new update, at least for the most part. The window did open up at one point with new updates, but they wouldn't install for some reason; they'd just hang. It might have been due to poor internet. But then when I rebooted to try to fix the internet issue, the updates no longer show up, and I have no idea if they were installed or not.

Is there something wrong with this computer's update manager? Shouldn't I have gotten at least a few updates within the month? And is there any way to check to see if those updates had indeed installed? I know another Linux distro I tried has an update history, but I don't know if Zorin has one or not.

Thanks in advance.

Wolfman

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:40:29 am

You can also run "dpkg" in the recovery menu which should install any updates!!. (does not work with Wifi at this level, you must have a cable network connection!)

Regards Wolfman :D

Inferdramon

Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:23:46 pm

Thanks for the help.

I checked the Log File Viewer, and if I'm looking at it right, the computer seems to be updating without notification. I see a list of updates and different dates. Not sure if that means if it's installed or not.