This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] "Online Accounts" Settings - get Err "no webdav"

chrissi55

Mon May 27, 2019 3:45:42 pm

I'm using "Online Accounts" under 12.4 Settings.

There is no Nextcloud named setting available, so i've chosen "ownCloud".
Ok until Version 15.0.7 of Nextcloud i used normal login with username / password for this connection.

Now under Version 16.0.1 of Nextcloud i enabled the TOTP Authorization.
So for Logins via Browser i need a 2nd Factor Login Code, for all other Tools like DAVx² under Android and "Online Accounts" under Zorin i need a Login App-Token genrated via Nextcloud.

I did and entered this Login App-Token instead of my password. All 4 Options where re-enabled under Zorin.

Only Calendar, Contacts are working. Using the files (4th Option) delivers a error message.
See Attachment.

If i use this tutorial -> https://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/WebDAV/
i also use my App-Token instead of password -> Zorin connects to my webdav. BUT with that i get a horrible performance lack. Not usefull for backups, etc.

Under Zorin 15 i saw the screenshots, that a newer Version of "Online Accounts" supports Nextcloud instead of ownCloud, right?
Can i get this version by repo? Or how can i reset my "old" Data for Online Accounts?

Edit:
I get this err in syslog

May 27 17:51:53 pc121 org.gtk.vfs.Daemon[3583]: ** (gvfsd:3705): WARNING **: dbus_mount_reply: Error from org.gtk.vfs.Mountable.mount(): Kein WebDAV-fähiger Speicher
May 27 17:52:08 pc121 /usr/lib/gdm3/gdm-x-session[3575]: Activating service name='org.gnome.Terminal'
May 27 17:52:09 pc121 /usr/lib/gdm3/gdm-x-session[3575]: Successfully activated service 'org.gnome.Terminal'

chrissi55

Mon May 27, 2019 4:02:11 pm

When i try to connect my PC from outside LAN -> Guest WLAN

I get these messages in syslog:

May 27 17:57:47 pc121 kernel: [ 3124.168802] exe="/usr/bin/dbus-daemon" sauid=106 hostname=? addr=? terminal=?'
May 27 17:57:52 pc121 whoopsie[1676]: [17:57:52] online
May 27 17:58:00 pc121 org.gnome.OnlineAccounts[3583]: goa-daemon-Message: /org/gnome/OnlineAccounts/Accounts/account_1558970552_0: Setting AttentionNeeded to FALSE because EnsureCredentials() succeded
May 27 17:58:05 pc121 org.gtk.vfs.Daemon[3583]: ** (gvfsd:3705): WARNING **: dbus_mount_reply: Error from org.gtk.vfs.Mountable.mount(): Kein WebDAV-fähiger Speicher

Swarfendor437

Tue May 28, 2019 7:23:17 pm

Hi, I'm afraid I'm a party pooper when it comes to online accounts. So I have done a search and wonder if this is related:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1081778 ... untu-18-04

chrissi55

Thu May 30, 2019 5:00:55 am

Ok i followed the instruction behind the link.

I switched my NetworkManager.conf as
dns=none
in section [main]

after that i checked my /etc/resolv.conf -> instruction says delete nameserver entries or comment them
BUT under Zorin / as ubuntu /etc/resolv.conf shouldn't be edited directly (a warning is generated above all entries in resolv.conf)

So what i did was rebooting the system after alter my NetworkManager.conf as is.

The result -> no internet, no network connection no dns services any longer

So i edited my /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf back -> deleted "dns=none"

After a second reboot internet etc. were back again, for Online Accounts = same failure as before.

So source of the problem must be everywhere else...

And as before -> my inserted Online Account for Nextcloud allows me to see, edit, delete my calendar and contacts under ZorinOS as before.
So my credentials should be accepted generally but the mount of "files" system (webdav) is no longer working.
I'm not sure how exactly Online Accounts is working for webdav - caldav and carddav seem to have no problems with TOTP

Other services as "Task" are working properly too. So i can enter a new task -> edit it -> and can see my work under Nextcloud (Web Login) directly after.

chrissi55

Thu May 30, 2019 6:06:23 am

I installed a zorin15 BETA in a VMware

With "Online Accounts" -> enabled Nextcloud -> credentials = user=username; pass=App-Token

i get the following (wonderful) result :-)

...now the question, what is made better in the new Online Accounts Tool - and how can i get the same under Zorin 12.4 -> because i'm a Ultimate User and don't want to upgrade my productive OS until the follower zorin 15 ultimate is out !!

chrissi55

Thu May 30, 2019 1:43:14 pm

I figured it out

Cost me a lot of time, but for others as help:

first install libsecret-tools as root

prompt~$ sudo apt install libsecret-tools

then do the following

prompt~$ secret-tool search server my.cloudserver.com
should deliver some entries ..

prompt~$ secret-tool clear server my.cloudserver.com

Then i was able to reconnect by klicking on name@my.cloudserver.com in nautilus as webdav as usual

:roll:

Swarfendor437

Fri May 31, 2019 6:42:59 am

Great work! I'm sorry I could not help you further as I don't use such services personally but your answer gave me another potential method to find out the differences or rather dependencies and that would be to install Synaptic Package Manager, search for Online Accounts then if results show, click on the 's' column above the 'check' boxes which will then bring all related installed software together at the top of. the manager then make a note of all libraries. Also remember that newer versions of ZorinOS will also have a newer kernel.