This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Hp printer driver

Tomcat78

Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:47:40 pm

I am asking about printer driver to my parents computer what file is Zorin Os use
    and what is it based?what distro?model on printer envy4500

Swarfendor437

Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:46:39 pm

Post your email address on this page and they will send you the download link (as I searched on my smart phone) :

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hplip/ ... irror=nchc

More info here:

https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imag ... g/gethplip

Tomcat78

Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:27:09 am

Ok i try again when Os is installed thanks for help

Swarfendor437

Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:23:31 pm

It was going to bed time when I posted - Zorin should include HPLIP - if not, after post-install update the system, then from Software channel install Synaptic Package Manager. Just be aware that if this is for ZorinOS 15 you should avoid the 'Zorin on Wayland' like the plague. Synaptic will not run if you are using Zorin on Wayland. Once Synaptic is installed, search for HP LIP (having checked the Linux driver page, that model of printer is supported). Just compare the version of HPLIP available via Synaptic and see if it is the same version as that given from the download. It will be a .deb package - please be sure that you choose the correct version as there is apparently 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

[Footnote: Wayland should have been consigned to the Software Recycle Bin at point of concept in much the same way Chrome Books and MMe notebooks should have been consigned to the hardware recycle bin!] :evil:

Tomcat78

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:43:02 pm

Os version 12.4 Core if it is help full information

Swarfendor437

Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:11:07 pm

12.4 doesn't have Synaptic either. Make sure to download my unofficial manual as I covered printers in that:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13614

Tomcat78

Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:47:29 pm

solved long time ago