This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 15 disable taskbar opacity

voidwalker

Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:44:47 am

Hi all,
I'm an happy zorin os user since version 12!
I've decided to upgrade to version 15 yesterday by contributing to the Zorin OS devs buying Ultimate version.
I only need help with the taskbar: can someone help me in finding a way to disable the opacity?
More generally, can the taskbar and "windows-like" menu options like color, font, sizes, can be modded via some sort of config file?
Appreciate any help that you're willing to share!

Swarfendor437

Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:53:12 am

I'll get back to you shortly. Responding on 1+ 3T! ;) :D

voidwalker

Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:28:33 pm

Me too, writing on my OPO 3T+ :)
By the way, O.T. : have you managed to install the latest Oxygen 9.03 via TWRP? Read that it has problems on unlocked bootloaders when decrypting the /data/ partition

Swarfendor437

Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:47:16 pm

There is an issue about the transparency in that you can't readily control it - I suspect it may need tweaking by using something like dconf-tools - but not sure. The best advice I can give you is download a theme of your colour choice from here:

https://www.gnome-look.org/p/1273210/

and use

Gnome Tweaks to install it:

Tweak and Themes.jpg

As for the OnePlus query, please post under 'Off-Topic' - I don't mess with SmartPhones but would love to run Gael Duvals 'E' on it in place of Android. ;)

voidwalker

Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:16:09 pm

Many thanks, will give it a try with a custom theme tomorrow after work hours so if I mess up something I won't blame myself I didn't push anything to gitlab :) ... The goods and bads of IT self-employment...
As of the OPO query, I'll start a 3d on OT as u suggested!

Will let you know about my experience on custom theme!

Swarfendor437

Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:45:21 pm

I did find something in dconf-tools but managed to make the opacity even more! D'OH! :shock: :o

It didn't affect the midnight blue theme but the basic one became very pale! Best not to mess (slaps self on wrist!)

Swarfendor437

Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:12:28 pm

Update!

See my post here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14361&p=64530#p64530

and updated manual to reflect this here:

https://app.box.com/s/sp7uzb7r2o731g7jkn6tcb8gxvtz6gvy