This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[HELP] Zorin Connect doesn't display SMS history

Oath

Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:44:16 pm

Title says it all. Also seemingly related when I receive a text I can't look at the whole message. I am limited to the notification that shows a preview. My phone is a Samsung S8 G950U

derek654

Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:05:06 am

I am experiencing the same issue. it would be great to be able to see the conversations. Galaxy S7

Swarfendor437

Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:56:10 pm

I'm not getting anything any more now - the app for the phone updated, ISP router replaced with TP-Link Archer VR2800 - add the IP address of the PC - and can't see each other! :(

moonerhoosier

Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:13:58 pm

Ditto, but mine can still see each other. I get the notification and the option to reply on Zorin, but if you close out of that, it disappears completely like it never happened. The notification doesn't even show up in the history. I can send out SMS okay. Everything on my phone still works properly. But it's like Zorin Connect just isn't grabbing the ones that come in.

Unfortunately at this point, it makes it more hassle than it's worth. All it's good for is telling you that you received a message and to go find your phone. I noticed in the little applet, there is no mention of SMS whatsoever, the only way to get to it is the icon beneath the phone in the taskbar. The "notifications" tab in the Connect applet on the Zorin machine seems to show the apps on Zorin itself, so this makes no sense unless Zorin is supposed to be sending its notifications to the phone too two-way? If so, that's not working either (but I wouldn't want or need that).

It seems incomplete or poorly executed. Or I have a faulty installation.

I'm on a Motorola e5, Android 8.1.

AZorin

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:06:35 pm

We're currently preparing an update to the Zorin Connect Android app and client software on Zorin OS, which should hopefully fix the issues you're experiencing.

We know that some phones – including many Samsung devices – use a legacy API to access the SMS message log. If you're still unable to view SMS messages from your computer more than an hour after pairing the devices, please try opening the Zorin menu > search & open "Zorin Connect" > select your phone in the list > Advanced and enable "Legacy SMS Support" at the bottom of the page.

moonerhoosier

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:41:42 pm

Great to hear, thanks! I've already tried enabling "Legacy SMS Support" but with no luck.

I've also noticed ever since configuring it with my phone that it takes an exceptionally long time for the login screen to appear once the machine is resumed from sleep. There is no activity on the display (even the clock can stay stuck) except for the Zorin Connect notifications that trickle in. Eventually after about 30-45 seconds, it will go to the password prompt. I can't be positive it's Zorin Connect causing this though as I also installed an update around the same time.

Really looking forward to it working though, I'm very happy with this overall. Certainly happy with your quick responses and continuous improvement. Something I was missing for many years with Windows.