This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

All games are unplayable

daniel

Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:28:19 am

Hi guys!

You have done an amazing job.
Just one really important thing: I cant play ANY game.

Any game that I try to launch lags to the point where I cant even navigate past the menu.
Just to be clear, I have a decent setup and things were running perfectly in Windows 10 as well as my previous Linux installation (PopOS/ubuntu) which was replaced by Zorin.

I am new a linux so i havent got a clue as to why this is happening. Can you help me?

best
Daniel

Aravisian

Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:41:17 pm

Daniel, what graphics card and drivers are you using on your set up?
Also, are you using Zorin 12.4 or 15?

daniel

Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:35:45 am

Aravisian wrote:Daniel, what graphics card and drivers are you using on your set up?
Also, are you using Zorin 12.4 or 15?

I have installed Zorin 15, and I have a Geforce 1060 using nvidia 418.

I believe I have found what caused the problem, I have been able to reproduce the error as follows:
install Zorin 15 WITH nvidia drivers, THEN install Steam.
At this point steam doesnt work for me due to gfx drivers - fixing this causes the system to recognize the gfx as a lvm card.

The solution:
Install Zorin 15 WITHOUT nvidia drivers, THEN install steam, THEN install newest nvidia drivers.

Aravisian

Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:33:17 pm

daniel wrote:
I believe I have found what caused the problem, I have been able to reproduce the error as follows:
At this point steam doesnt work for me due to gfx drivers - fixing this causes the system to recognize the gfx as a lvm card.

The solution:
Install Zorin 15 WITHOUT nvidia drivers, THEN install steam, THEN install newest nvidia drivers.

This is the part where Swarfendor jumps into the thread and yells, "Nouveau!"

daniel

Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:19:18 pm

Aravisian wrote:
daniel wrote:

The solution:

This is the part where Swarfendor jumps into the thread and yells, "Nouveau!"

yup, i am new at linux :)