This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Keyring And Evolution Mail

mdiemer

Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:19:18 pm

I have had issues with keyrings in the past, so I set up my Evolution email account without ticking the box for it. When I open Evolution for the first time each day, I have to give my password for my ISP provider, which provides my email account. Not a problem really, but it makes me wonder if I wouldn't have to do this if I had enabled the keyring option when setting up the account. So, is enabling the keyring option (basically, it asks if you want to add the email password to your keyring), a good idea or not?

Swarfendor437

Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:24:05 pm

At the end of the day I think it is a matter of choice. I was somewhat bemused by a recent issue of Computer Active (a PC mag aimed at Windows users) stating users should ditch Mozilla Thunderbird as it is complicated to setup! :lol: If anything, Evolution can be a real pain to setup - it's been a while since I used it. I have installed Thunderbird and am more than happy with that. I made a decision some time ago never to store the password but for the ISP Mail Server to ask for it every time. My other name is Mr. Paranoia! :D

mdiemer

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:07:55 am

Makes sense. I do share your paranoia. I recently set Firefox to auto log me out and clear all cookies. I don't mind signing in to forums, which I only do if I want to post. Don't mind it a bit. A small price to pay for added security. It has never caused me any problems.

I'm testing out Evolution for my wife. I will be putting Zorin on her laptop soon. Setting up Evolution isn't that hard, just use the same parameters you have T-Bird set on, that worked for me.

Swarfendor437

Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:58:28 am

I found it a bit of a pain as I have got used to TBird's brilliant autoconfiguration. ;) :D