This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Touchpad Right Click

RyanFZed

Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:42:24 am

Hi, sorry for the probably common question but I couldn't find it through the search function. I'm trying out Zorin 15 and I'm trying to get right click to work for my touchpad on my ASUS laptop. Most Linux distros I've used have usually had a setting to enable right click on touchpad in the mouse settings, but I don't see one in Zorin. Do I need to enable it via terminal instead or something? I'm kinda new to Linux, just installing stuff on an old laptop that can't handle Windows 8 anymore. Thanks for the help.

Finston Pickle

Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:33:15 pm

My experience with Z12 is that the touchpad right click feature is there by default. Can't speak to Z15.

Swarfendor437

Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:03:40 am

If you have 'gnome-tweaks' installed, and the Firefox add-on install this extension:

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/ ... k-gesture/

Alessio

Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:05:10 am

RyanFZed wrote:Hi, sorry for the probably common question but I couldn't find it through the search function. I'm trying out Zorin 15 and I'm trying to get right click to work for my touchpad on my ASUS laptop. Most Linux distros I've used have usually had a setting to enable right click on touchpad in the mouse settings, but I don't see one in Zorin. Do I need to enable it via terminal instead or something? I'm kinda new to Linux, just installing stuff on an old laptop that can't handle Windows 8 anymore. Thanks for the help.

Hi RyanFZed,
try tapping with two fingers, anywhere on the touchpad.
(It's a GNOME feature, not a bug, I read about it here: https://itsfoss.com/fix-right-click-touchpad-ubuntu/ - the page is about Ubuntu but I found out it works the same on Zorin 15)

If you want to change that behaviour, you have to install gnome-tweaks as someone else suggested.

Bye!
Alessio