This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin Connect Can't View Files

bravo8whiskey

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:21:30 pm

Greeting. I just jumped from the sinking ship that is Linux Mint to Zorin OS and I'm pleased thus far. A few issues to iron out but no big deal.

I noticed when using Zorin Connect that when browsing the contents of my phone from the desktop that I can't open anything. Doesn't matter what filetype, I always get this message:
Code:
There is no application installed for "INSERT_MIME_TYPE_HERE" files.  Do you want to search for an application to open this file?

Clicking YES gets me another pop-up at the top of the screen telling me
Code:
Additional MIME TYPES required.  An application is requesting additional file format support.

Hovering the mouse over this second pop-up reveals a button labled "Find in Software". If I click that I'm greeted with the Software Store.

Trying to open a file from the phone by navigating to it via the file chooser in EOG I get the following:
Code:
No images found in "sftp://***.***.***.***/foo/bar/image.jpg"

Any ideas here? Everything else in Zorin Connect seems to work just fine, minus SMS history, but not really a big deal.

Phone is a Galaxy S8 running Pie if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Swarfendor437

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:56:35 pm

Hi, following some updates, I was unable to utilise Zorin connect with Oreo on my One Plus 3T. It worked fine with the initial android app - this was then changed, and now I cannot connect period! :(

Swarfendor437

Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:13:19 pm

I'm getting Java Script errors in log:

Jun 19 23:10:17 gjs[13998]: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.
Jun 19 23:10:17 gjs[13998]: JS ERROR: TypeError: this.lan is undefined

AZorin

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:07:46 pm

We're currently preparing an update to the Zorin Connect Android app and client software on Zorin OS, which should hopefully fix the issues you're experiencing.

In the mean time, we would recommend you to try deleting the device data from the Zorin Connect client software on your computer by opening the Zorin menu > search & open "Zorin Connect" > select your phone in the list > Advanced and click on "Delete this device". Re-pairing the phone with the computer might fix the issues.