This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Multiple Panels

bravo8whiskey

Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:29:53 pm

Sorry if this has been covered already. I did a lengthy search for the word "panels" but didn't see this exact issue.

I have a dynamic setup at work. I run Zorin on a Dell laptop. Sometimes it's just the laptop, but I have a dock with 2 external displays at my desk. I would like to be able to extend the panel so there is some sort of window management available on both external displays.

I've tried following advice that I've found through Google searches telling me to install the "multi-monitors" extension, but no matter what version I install I get a little yellow triangle that says "Error Loading Extension" when I hover the mouse over it.

Syslog show this line:
Code:
Extension "multi-monitors-add-on@spin83" had error: TypeError: GObject.registerClass() used with invalid base class (is PanelMenuButton)

Sounds like an issue for the extension developer, but figured I'd ask here. Maybe there's a better method.

Coming from Cinnamon DE where I could easily add as many panels as I want, wherever I want with just a few clicks, this is incredibly frustrating.

Thanks!

Swarfendor437

Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:03:20 pm