This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

install Zorin 12 deleting Windows on multi p.c.'s

plexorite

Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:43:45 am

Greetings from Downunder! :D
I have committed to installing Zorin on nearly 20 old portable P.C's for charity.
Being a genius (in my own mind) my plan was/is to simply install Zorin over the old Drives which would destroy the Windows install and all the "hot" programs on them (including **** and private info like passwords to Swiss Banks,)
Being previously warned that the one real danger with Zorin was its tendency to utterly destroy everything else on an install, that would be great in this instance.! ;)
Of course as these 20 are donations specifically promised to be safely wiped clean, am I right in believing that a full 12.5 (???) install can do the job?

Swarfendor437

Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:10:15 pm

No it will not erase data only the file system.

My advice: https://dban.org/

Aravisian

Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:34:07 pm

plexorite wrote:Greetings from Downunder! :D
I have committed to installing Zorin on nearly 20 old portable P.C's for charity.
Being a genius (in my own mind) my plan was/is to simply install Zorin over the old Drives which would destroy the Windows install and all the "hot" programs on them (including **** and private info like passwords to Swiss Banks,)
Being previously warned that the one real danger with Zorin was its tendency to utterly destroy everything else on an install, that would be great in this instance.! ;)
Of course as these 20 are donations specifically promised to be safely wiped clean, am I right in believing that a full 12.5 (???) install can do the job?

Swarfendor addressed your question- I will ask, the ZorinOS you are installing will be Zorin 12.4 Lite, right?
Core may be a bit too heavy on a 20 year old machine. One of my portable notebooks is not yet 20- I installed the Lite edition and it works like an absolute champ.
Read more here:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14576
If you read that post, you may feel you have made a Wise Choice!