This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin can't work on AMD Ryzen R3500U

syzedu

Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:03:46 am

Last night I tried to install Zorin OS 15 Core on my MagicBook2019 with AMD Ryzen R3500U Processor.
The proper resolution ratio is 1920*1080.But when the Live system started,I found the texts and icons are so large that just a small part of the system interface can be presented.I tried to adjust the resolution ratio but the setting of display doesn't work at all.Actually it doesn't give me options like "1024*768""1280*720".Just blank.
I guess that has many things to do with the AMD Ryzen R3500U Processor along with Vega8 integrated graphics.Since Zorin OS is based on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS,it may not work well on new laptops.
I hope the problem can be settled swiftly and smoothly by your deligent and smart developpers.Thanks a lot! :D
I sincerely wish that Zorin OS can take off and enjoy popularities worldwide! :D

Aravisian

Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:58:09 am

syzedu wrote:Last night I tried to install Zorin OS 15 Core on my MagicBook2019 with AMD Ryzen R3500U Processor.
The proper resolution ratio is 1920*1080.But when the Live system started,I found the texts and icons are so large that just a small part of the system interface can be presented.I tried to adjust the resolution ratio but the setting of display doesn't work at all.Actually it doesn't give me options like "1024*768""1280*720".Just blank.
I guess that has many things to do with the AMD Ryzen R3500U Processor along with Vega8 integrated graphics.Since Zorin OS is based on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS,it may not work well on new laptops.
I hope the problem can be settled swiftly and smoothly by your deligent and smart developpers.Thanks a lot! :D
I sincerely wish that Zorin OS can take off and enjoy popularities worldwide! :D

You are right about 18.04 Ubuntu and Ryzen with Vega.
You may try to install drivers and see if the propriety drivers have yet been released by follwoing the steps in this article:
https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install- ... aver-linux