This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[Solved] numlock on session screen, please ?

fltiu

Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:54:01 am

Hello,
I swear I have searched the forum but probably I am using the wrong words. So, I do apologize already.

Since I have upgraded from 12 to 15 I am no more able to :
- activate automatically the numlock on the session screen
- activate the touch of the trackpad (I have to click a button instead of only typing on the trackpad) to select the user

I have already tried using dconf /org/gnome/settings-daemon/peripherals/keyboard/numlock-state but I am unable to make it work

Please do you have any fix / link to help me ? Many thanks

Aravisian

Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:29:04 pm

fltiu wrote:Hello,
I swear I have searched the forum but probably I am using the wrong words. So, I do apologize already.

Since I have upgraded from 12 to 15 I am no more able to :
- activate automatically the numlock on the session screen
- activate the touch of the trackpad (I have to click a button instead of only typing on the trackpad) to select the user

I have already tried using dconf /org/gnome/settings-daemon/peripherals/keyboard/numlock-state but I am unable to make it work

Please do you have any fix / link to help me ? Many thanks

Fltiu, can you please follow the tutorial here and see if that gives you a fix?
http://tipsonubuntu.com/2018/06/17/enab ... in-screen/

fltiu

Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:44:28 pm

Hello Aravisian,
Thank you very much for the link. Yes, it fixes immediately. I had some permissions errors at "big orange" steps 2 and 3 but after a reboot, it is working as expected.

Thanks a lot again

Aravisian

Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:56:32 pm

fltiu wrote:Hello Aravisian,
Thank you very much for the link. Yes, it fixes immediately. I had some permissions errors at "big orange" steps 2 and 3 but after a reboot, it is working as expected.

Thanks a lot again

It's ok. "Big Orange" has been giving the USA all kinds of errors for a couple years.

Glad to help and in trade, now I know something new. :)