This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Repositories added but don't work

dancer_69

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:35:55 pm

I have a weird problem, which I never faced on onother ubuntu or other linux distro.
When I add a repository with add-apt-repository, seems that all go well, but I cannot find any software from that repository.
If I open synaptics I can see the new repository on settings-> repositories-> other software tab and is checkd, but doesn' t appear at all on origin filter, and no software is available. I tried to uncheck recheck and reload several times but doesn' t work. I've this problem first with kernel ppa, and after some tries it works, but now I used a different repository, the problem is the same, but doesn' t work. I also tried from terninal, but I get same software not found error.
The software of the repository exists. I'm saying this because on kernel ppa the software was deleted(the entry on origin appears after some tries though).
Any help or solution?

dancer_69

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:28:29 pm

Just to report that seems doesn't happen all times. I add another repository today and worked normally from first time(I've add a ppa total 3 times so far). Only this:
https://launchpad.net/~lukas-hetzenecke ... /+packages
never worked.
So maybe the problem is with the above only.
I'll test it farther and I'll post again if this problem appears again.

Wolfman

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:32:33 pm

Did you check that the "Keys" for the PPA's are also present??.

Regards Wolfman :D

dancer_69

Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:26:43 am

Yes, for the keys, and yes for link' s procedure.

Wolfman

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:17:33 am

Hi,

you could try changing the download location for your software sources and by picking a country first; then selecting "Select Best Server", this may well help you with your problem!!.

dancer_69

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:30:18 pm

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

you could try changing the download location for your software sources and by picking a country first; then selecting "Select Best Server", this may well help you with your problem!!.

I tried that to, didn' t work for the link I posted before. I tried best server, I tried every server for my country, I tried different servers for other countries too, didn' help.