This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Printer Problems on Zorin 15 OS core

hurkeybird

Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:05:49 pm

I have a brother HL-L2320D printer and it works fine on items that have a "print" button but when I have to use "Cntrl + P" the ready light on the printer will flash about 6 times then go back solid but no paper feed thus does not print anything. I have an Asus motherboard with 6 processors.

Aravisian

Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:43:08 pm

hurkeybird wrote:I have a brother HL-L2320D printer and it works fine on items that have a "print" button but when I have to use "Cntrl + P" the ready light on the printer will flash about 6 times then go back solid but no paper feed thus does not print anything. I have an Asus motherboard with 6 processors.

Ctrl+P is a keyboard shortcut that should give the same result as hitting the Print button, but will not always because each uses a different process to get to the same result. For example, hitting the Print Button will send the command to also convert the file to ASCII, whereas the ctrl+P option does not. When the information reaches the printer, it then doesn't know what to do with it because the Printer is assuming that the file is in ASCII format when it is not actually in that format.
Work arounds can include a different keyboard shortcut... terminal commands or otherwise... I am no expert on Printers. When Printer problems arise, I always get someone else to do it!
But you may need to share more details to give a starting point to look for for troubleshooting your issue.

Swarfendor437

Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:10:51 pm

Hi, so I can see if I can replicate the problem, which apps require Ctrl+ P to print? ;) :D