This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Help with HP Stream 7 installation

daveomania

Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:25:40 pm

Hello!

I have been a Zorin OS Lite user for some time now on a few lower powered PCs and I love this OS.

I am unfortunately having trouble with installation on my HP Stream 7. It's a 64 bit Intel Atom Z3735G with 1 GB ram.

My main issue (Not specifically a Zorin issue so I'll look else where if you'd like), is that this BIOS is UEFI with Secure Boot and not legacy BIOS mode.

When I attempt to create a UEFI bootable USB with Rufus (GPT, NTFS - FAT32 doesn't even come up in the bios as a USB device) I see that the boot EFI is created on the disk, but the tablet gives and error: Selected Boot device failed. If i try to manually boot using the EFI file, I get the same message. I have to have secure boot turned off as well, otherwise I receive an authentication error.

I've seen other forum posts with users successfully installing Ubuntu, and Lubuntu on this device. So I'm at a loss.

I'm new to troubleshooting linux installations, so any information that you require I will provide!

Thank you very much for your help.

Swarfendor437

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:19:47 pm

Which version of Zorin are you trying to install? ;)