This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Generic doubts about Zorin OS 15 Ultimate.

Marr0n

Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:27:59 pm

Hi, I got in touch with the company has developed that Zorin since I have some doubts about the Zorin OS 15 Ultimate version.

I got in contact starting this past Sunday and I have not received an answer from him, I have sent several emails but nothing. I did it from the following form: https://zorinos.com/about/#contact

So I'll post those doubts in this post, if i am in the wrong forum move the topic where appropriate.

The doubts are the following:

1.If I buy the ISO of Zorin OS 15 Ultimate for € 39. Can I install this system on several devices, for example: 2 portable PCs, 1 desktop PC, etc.? Or do you have some type of license that is linked to each image with a specific device?

2.Can Zorin OS 15 Ultimate be reinstalled on the same device several times? Or can it give problems like when you activate Windows since this activation depends on the Hardware with which you activated the operating system at that moment?

3.If I have Zorin OS 15 Ultimate, in the future I will be able to obtain future versions of the Ultimate operating system? Like for example Zorin OS 16 Ultimate or whatever it is at that moment? Or will I have to pay again to get the ISO of the operating system?

4.Only Zorin OS 15 Ultimate has Premium desktop layouts like: Windows layout, Windows classic layout, macOS, Gnome, and Ubuntu? Or do they have them or can they be incorporated in some way in the Core or Lite version?

5.When the following option appears in the purchase procedure of the Ultimate version: Are you a VAT registered EU business? What do you mean exactly?

Thank you in advance for solving my doubts.

Regards.

Swarfendor437

Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:34:09 pm

Marr0n wrote:Hi, I got in touch with the company has developed that Zorin since I have some doubts about the Zorin OS 15 Ultimate version.

I got in contact starting this past Sunday and I have not received an answer from him, I have sent several emails but nothing. I did it from the following form: https://zorinos.com/about/#contact

So I'll post those doubts in this post, if i am in the wrong forum move the topic where appropriate.

The doubts are the following:

1.If I buy the ISO of Zorin OS 15 Ultimate for € 39. Can I install this system on several devices, for example: 2 portable PCs, 1 desktop PC, etc.? Or do you have some type of license that is linked to each image with a specific device?
When you buy Ultimate for € 39 Euros you will initially get the Ultimate version of Core based on Gnome 3/Gnome Shell. When Zorin Lite is out you will also should receive a link to download the Ultimate Lite version also but they are currently working on that. You can install the Ultimate version on as many devices as you own but you can only receive official support on the primary machine you install it to. Support like all other major distributors that charge for paid for distributions usually offer a maximum of 3 months support.

2.Can Zorin OS 15 Ultimate be reinstalled on the same device several times? Or can it give problems like when you activate Windows since this activation depends on the Hardware with which you activated the operating system at that moment?
No, Zorin 15 like most GNU/Linux flavours does not have Windows 10-like spyware included.

3.If I have Zorin OS 15 Ultimate, in the future I will be able to obtain future versions of the Ultimate operating system? Like for example Zorin OS 16 Ultimate or whatever it is at that moment? Or will I have to pay again to get the ISO of the operating system?
Zorin 15 is a Long Term Release based on Ubuntu 18.04 which will support hardware upto and including April 2023. If there are major developments you would need to pay for the new release - Whilst M$ has offered Windows 10 for free it will recoup it's costs by announcing the need for you to pay for Cloud Storage which you did not expect but then this is circumvented by removing one-drive from your machine. Remember a system can only be developed if developers are fed and watered continually. Generally, Zorin offers Ultimate versions that are stable without too many bugs but occasionally there may be the odd one - just bear in mind technology changes and therefore coding has to change according to those changes in order to ensure a smooth OS experience.

4.Only Zorin OS 15 Ultimate has Premium desktop layouts like: Windows layout, Windows classic layout, macOS, Gnome, and Ubuntu? Or do they have them or can they be incorporated in some way in the Core or Lite version?
In the core versions you only get 3 desktop layouts whereas in Ultimate it is six. There has been a slight deviation from the MacOS panel in that it is now a full width panel - this is to cater for installation to tablets as Zorin 15 is fully compatible with touch-screen hardware.

5.When the following option appears in the purchase procedure of the Ultimate version: Are you a VAT registered EU business? What do you mean exactly?
This article should explain this last question for you: https://europa.eu/youreurope/business/t ... erbusiness

Thank you in advance for solving my doubts.

Regards.

Hope I have answered your questions - E&OE!!!! ;) :D

AZorin

Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:32:38 pm

Hi Marr0n,
Thank you for your interest in Zorin OS. We have replied to your email earlier today.