This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin 15, ClamTK says update available

zabadabadoo

Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:45:34 pm

I am running Z15Core which includes ClamTk 5.25.
Whilst this version works OK (as far as it goes with Clam), there is a clear notice on the bottom line of the UI stating "an update is available". Assume that could be referring to Clam 5.27. However, Software Updater does not update ClamTk, so suppose no update suited to Zorin15 yet.

carmar

Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:03:50 pm

I have mine set to automatic but you can go to the Update Assistant and change it to update yourself and then click the button below to update. Mine still shows update available after it updates manually so I ignore it.

zabadabadoo

Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:27:55 am

I was assuming the message related to software version update not virus definitions update, as I also have that set automatic. Anyhow it works, and can't do much to get rid of the warning, so will continue with 5.25 as is.

Aravisian

Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:44:10 am

Have you tried running Freshclam?

Swarfendor437

Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:12:36 pm

I suspect it is an interface bug/error - there were issues on the earlier interfaces but can't remember what the issue was back then. ;) :D

@Aravisian - when you install ClamTK (the GUI for ClamAV - fresh-clam gets installed). I suspect a GUI error.