This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

After Re-installation, things missing...

Aravisian

Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:47:27 am

I did a back up of my home folder, then a wipe and reload.

Zorin 12.4 Lite, this time. Now, I already have used and have been using the Lite 12.4 so, I already have some idea of what comes with it. Or so I thought.

This time around, the Ubuntu Software channel and Nautilus are both nowhere to be found. Which surprises me to no end. Not that I am complaining, don't get me wrong... I HATE nautilus. But... is that odd? Is it a sign of trouble down the road?
I had tried to remove Nautilus from my last installation of Zorin 12.4 Lite and I was utterly blocked and unable in all my efforts.
As long as everything keeps working, I am Very Happy about its absence, though.
nautilusmisisng.png

Swarfendor437

Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:50:34 am

Hi Aravisian,

I am somewhat bemused that an xfce based version of Zorin even had nautilus present. Most xfce distributions use Thunar and nothing else. I'm about to go on a trip for the day so will have to wait to check this out in VM mode later. ;) :D

Aravisian

Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:03:30 pm

I can say for certain that my previous installation had Nautilus included. I used it by directly opening it from terminal.
The toughbook also has Nautilus on it though I did not install it. I guess I COULD Install VM and test it out, myself...

Aravisian

Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:00:57 am

I checked my installations of Zorin 12.4 Lite on two other machines, both installed with Ubuntu Software Channel and Nautilus.