This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

The KMPlayer on the Zorin Software PPA does not work

DaveI

Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:46:31 pm

I've been running Zorin15 for about a week now and have everything working great.
This is by far the best Zorin version and has other people using other LInux versions impressed as well (in Linux groups)...

I just want to let others know that the KMPLAYER in the Zorin Software PPA does not work.
The version that installs will not launch is the last version which is 12 beta 2.
Like I said it installs but doesn't do anything (won't launch) after installation.
I tried uninstalling/reinstalling several times. I then downloaded/resinstalled from another PPA
but the version 12 did the same thing when downloaded from the other PPA as well...

I did get KMPLAYER working by downloading version 11.3d. I noticed this version seems to
download a lot of dependencies as well (Downloaded from LinuxTV.org)...I think that the problem is that version 12 is not
downloading the dependencies it needs (It needs a lot)...

I did try installing version 12 after I had version 11 installed and working but installing 12 just
resulted in it not working again so I am staying with working version 11.3d. Just wanted to
let others know.

Aravisian

Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:28:05 pm

Davel, thanks for the heads up.
Good to know you found an easy fix for it- rollback.

On a personal note: This is why I don't rush for the latest release on most things. Give it a minute, they'll find a bug.