This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Furius ISO Mount not able to set as default

carmar

Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:41:53 pm

I have to always start up Furius ISO and then browse to the file I want to mount.

Whether using Right Click -> Open With Application
or using Right Click -> Properties -> Open With tab
neither lists Furius ISO Mount as an option
So, having it start by default based on file type is not doable for me.

Help?

Aravisian

Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:40:05 pm

It seems you are not alone in that.

I could be wrong, but I think Furius is not currently being maintained. It is GTK2 based, but not developed for GTK3, which you are using. The latest stable release for Furius dates from 2011.

carmar

Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:03:47 pm

Thanks, Aravisian. Mystery solved.

Any alternative programs?

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:08:09 pm

gmountiso - search for it in Synaptic Package Manager - I found it on an 'alternative to' site - but crans.org behind it appears to be also defunct now so for GNU/Linux, there is only furius and gmountiso. For CD's you can use gCDemu - Gnome CD Emulator which is what I used to run a toc.bin file when I used to run Windows games under Wine that required a game CD to be present such as Homeworld. ;) :D

Aravisian

Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:34:15 pm

What comes with Zorin?
Whatever I stick in always automounts and I never set that up. Or if I checked "yes" on something, I don't remember...

carmar

Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:03:39 am

Thanks to you both.

Swarfendor437 wrote:gmountiso - search for it in Synaptic Package Manager - I found it on an 'alternative to' site - but crans.org behind it appears to be also defunct now so for GNU/Linux, there is only furius and gmountiso. For CD's you can use gCDemu - Gnome CD Emulator which is what I used to run a toc.bin file when I used to run Windows games under Wine that required a game CD to be present such as Homeworld. ;) :D

Couldn't find either on SPM or using the Software Manager but thankfully Aravisian made me try the default program that comes with Zorin and I realized I was being an idiot,...again.

PS - Homeworld rocks ! :)

Aravisian wrote:What comes with Zorin?
Whatever I stick in always automounts and I never set that up. Or if I checked "yes" on something, I don't remember...

Disk Image Mounter is the default. I tried it under "Files" before and didn't show up listed as a drive there but now I noticed it will show up as a mounted drive in the system tray. Stupid of me not to notice that. Yeah, that should work fine instead of resorting to Furius.

Swarfendor437

Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:18:01 pm

If some apps are not showing up in Synaptic it might be because your updates are not pointing to Main Server? ;) :D

I was never aware it was possible to mount an iso within Zorin without things like gCDemu! :lol:

carmar

Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:22:54 pm

I checked the Repositories setting for Synaptic. I think it is good, yes?

One thing strange that happened, although unrelated, when I booted up for the first time today, my wifi was disabled under settings and I had to switch it back on. Strange.

Swarfendor437

Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:43:40 pm

Have you checked Power Settings? ;)

carmar

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:23:29 pm

LOL. That was it, thanks. The prior time I had it on, I had turned off the setting thinking that Linux will NOT turn off my wifi to save power (a la Windows). Instead, the setting completely turns off the wifi and I didn't notice it.
Maybe its just me but that setting may need to be reworded.

andzts

Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:19:45 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Have you checked Power Settings? ;)

That was my last problem following on this thread, informative as always many thanks!