This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Wifi Adapter Not FOund

yusuf.mavzer

Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:17:58 pm

Hi,

I've an Dell Precision 7530 with a wifi adapter, Intel Wireless-AC 9260.
I recently bought this computer and it had Ubuntu on it. Wifi worked fine on it
But after I installed ZorinOS 15 it can't detect the wifi adapter

Can anyone help me out here?

Best regards

Swarfendor437

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:30:43 am

Unfortunately it would appear there is a bug in the kernel.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1083369 ... ss-ac-9260

If you can connect to Internet using wired connection or tether using a mobile phone, update your system to the latest kernel which is now at version 5.x.x. Keep us posted.

wadday

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:31:16 am

I am also having similar issue on wifi.

My Version is 5.0.0.27-generic

ON start up i have connection and works perfectly but all of sudden i get connection lost and when i try to connect its shows No wifi Adapter found. once i restart PC its working again.
sometimes it happens within 5 minutes of logged in. and sometimes it take longer.

I am using Microsoft Surface book Performance base. any help would be grateful.

thanks
wadday

Swarfendor437

Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:06:59 pm

wadday wrote:I am also having similar issue on wifi.

My Version is 5.0.0.27-generic

ON start up i have connection and works perfectly but all of sudden i get connection lost and when i try to connect its shows No wifi Adapter found. once i restart PC its working again.
sometimes it happens within 5 minutes of logged in. and sometimes it take longer.

I am using Microsoft Surface book Performance base. any help would be grateful.

thanks
wadday

Please start your own thread. Thanks.

WINDOWS_SUCKS

Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:53:00 pm

Hi. I dumped the "Education" version..not just the wifi problem. It is RIDDLED with bugs..especially the mouse and highlighting text. Way to many bugs to list. I went to the CORE 15.2 Interesting. The Intel 9260 worked fine for two days. Over 400 Mbps..great. After two days...now my speed is 12 Mbps. With an INTEL chipset, are you kidding me. Please someone...fix this. Neither versions exactly ready for prime time with this problem. I am not buying a new wifi card just because Zorin's Kernel is fudged. :) Still digging and digging... :p

Swarfendor437

Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:29:51 pm

WINDOWS_SUCKS wrote:Hi. I dumped the "Education" version..not just the wifi problem. It is RIDDLED with bugs..especially the mouse and highlighting text. Way to many bugs to list. I went to the CORE 15.2 Interesting. The Intel 9260 worked fine for two days. Over 400 Mbps..great. After two days...now my speed is 12 Mbps. With an INTEL chipset, are you kidding me. Please someone...fix this. Neither versions exactly ready for prime time with this problem. I am not buying a new wifi card just because Zorin's Kernel is fudged. :) Still digging and digging... :p

Point of information: the Kernel is Mr Torvalds baby - Team Zorin have no control over it, only which version to allow through its updates. ;) :D

WINDOWS_SUCKS

Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:58:10 am

I understand that for sure!! However...I would guess "Zorin" is paying him for that somehow...and one would think the Kernel "RENTAL"..;would come with support. This is a MAJOR problem. "ZORIN" should be on his back to FIX IT!! If there is NO support for "Zorin", why are they bothering??? If they want to take a crack at snuffing out Windows, I'd suggest not such terrible support on the Kernel, and repeat what Microsoft does over and over again.....bloat..and garbage piled on top with things like THIS, that don't work. No thank you. Please don't go down the same road as MS "ZORIN".. you have a nice OS... keep it up. But speed up getting any "UPDATES" with respect to the Kernel. Just my opinion :)

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:45:38 am

There is nothing to stop you from updating the kernel yourself, just keep your current one as backup for emergency boot if it goes AWOL - you revert to the stable one. Zorin is a fork of Ubuntu who don't offer support. Remember there are only 2 brothers running Zorin! And M$ is drying to break Linux with it's shoddy code it has recently been submitting in respect of USB support. We don't need M$ crawling inside Linux kernel - we want them OUT! :twisted:

WINDOWS_SUCKS

Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:08:08 pm

Thank you for the information about Zorin. It's been MANY MANY years since I was experimenting with Linux, Red Hat, Fedora...what ever version that was around back then basically. Command line .. the commands are starting to come back to me :) I really do NOT know how much computer hardware and OS's I've crawled through over the decades. RE: Zorin, I did not know it was two brothers doing this. Good on them! I have never undertaken such a goal, and I applaud them for that. RE: Microsoft. I've had my share of BSOD over many years, with everyone screaming at Microsoft to swap the kernel out in retail versions of Windows. Our NT SERVERS were VERY stable, and I believe Microsoft used a Linux Kernel in Windows XP, the first 64 bit system, and the END of the BSOD. After that.. it just got WORSE.. bloat bloat bloat, terrible patches and builds GAPING security holes. No more "Previews" (AKA BETAS, or RC's) over decades. Nope...moving on as they collapse. And it can't be soon enough for me. I hope I live to see something else in Government offices, Corporate (which was my path). Good luck to Zorin!! :)

Aravisian

Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:47:35 pm

WINDOWS_SUCKS wrote:Thank you for the information about Zorin. It's been MANY MANY years since I was experimenting with Linux, Red Hat, Fedora...what ever version that was around back then basically. Command line .. the commands are starting to come back to me :) I really do NOT know how much computer hardware and OS's I've crawled through over the decades. RE: Zorin, I did not know it was two brothers doing this. Good on them! I have never undertaken such a goal, and I applaud them for that. RE: Microsoft. I've had my share of BSOD over many years, with everyone screaming at Microsoft to swap the kernel out in retail versions of Windows. Our NT SERVERS were VERY stable, and I believe Microsoft used a Linux Kernel in Windows XP, the first 64 bit system, and the END of the BSOD. After that.. it just got WORSE.. bloat bloat bloat, terrible patches and builds GAPING security holes. No more "Previews" (AKA BETAS, or RC's) over decades. Nope...moving on as they collapse. And it can't be soon enough for me. I hope I live to see something else in Government offices, Corporate (which was my path). Good luck to Zorin!! :)

You should have seen me when I first moved from Windows to Zorin last year and joined this forum. I was a real terror, complaining constantly. About everything. I think at one point I declared Zorin OS my most Hated Failure at trying a new Operating System.
Now, here I am, afraid that Zorin Development won't last the rest of my lifetime.
At least you have experience with Linux. I came into it greener than a jealous frog wrapped in a leaf in springtime covered in algae.

After some time that I decided to go distro-hopping once I had a few basics under my belt, I found Zorin OS to be the most carefully assembled and stable distro out there. And I also began to slowly learn that I was more of the problem than the distro. Once I got it through my head that this ain't Windows and I cannot and would not want to expect it to think and do for me, things began to develop much faster.

I agree, The NT kernel was the best kernel Windows ever offered. I clung to XP until the bitter end and after a very brief stint with Win7, switched to Zorin and have never looked back.