This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

gnome control centre

Mangotree

Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:42:30 am

Hi, os zorin 15 ultimate. Problem: I click on settings and get this message top of screen:- Execution of "Gnome-Control-Centre" failed Command not found.
I reinstalled the os and "settings" worked. Left the laptop on standby all night--in the morning "settings" not workings, get same message as above.
I have just come over from microshaft :-) Anyone have a solution? :(

Swarfendor437

Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:10:20 am

Hi, firstly, open your Software Updater and click on the cancel button when it appears. Click on 'Settings' button, go to the first tab and change the location of the update server for your country to 'Main Server'. Next do an update via the terminal or start the command window of Alt+ F2 and enter:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Next shut down the computer and reboot into 'advanced startup' - you will need to hold the left shift-key during boot to view the GRUB menu to select this option.

Next ensure that you have a wired network connection to your router if possible and select 'Run network configuration', then select 'DPKG' - this will search for any missing packages on your system.

You may also want to give this solution a try:

https://youtu.be/Gro3MyGkanY